Sunday 15 September 2024

Her Pretty Lies by Angela Henry

Title: Her Pretty Lies
Author: Angela Henry
Pages: 288
Publisher: Storm Publishing
Publication date: May 3 2024

Intro (Goodreads synopsis)

The paramedics tell me I’m in shock as they load the body bag into the ambulance.

Only days ago, I had everything. A man I wanted to marry. A prestigious fellowship for graduate school. A perfect new apartment. I’m a psychology student. I should have known she was hiding something from the start…Now I’m shivering under a foil blanket wondering how my life became a nightmare.

And when the paramedics check me over, it’s not concern I see on their faces. It’s fear.

They think I did this. They think I killed her…

My thoughts

This book disappointed me a little. I love a fast paced thriller, so I was excited when I got my hands on this one, but at times the plot became so out there and ridiculous that I feel like it read more like a YA fanfiction rather than a thriller meant for an adult audience. It feels like certain mature themes like that of sex and explicit language were inserted for adult marketing, but otherwise the overall plot is very YA which I was not what I was hoping for.

If you're looking for a serious thriller to cozy up with soon, this isn't one that I would recommend, but if you're looking for a fast paced thriller you could probably get through in a day or so, this would be an okay one to try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment